20081121

"Daily" Ada-Ruth Lorraine 2008.11.21 - the first 14 days

Well, there has been yet another break from the 'Daily' schedule. We are at two weeks and this is where it all breaks down I guess. Personally I have come around to the realization that other people don't find pictures of my sleeping daughter as consistently enchanting as I do. And since Ada-Ruth has only two states, of which only one is rated 'G', I'm slowing down I guess. In any instance, she is doing very well. We're getting into a sort of a nightly routine and the big question I have is this: are we crazy for waking her up to feed her at 4am? Shouldn't we wait for her to wake us?

Anyway, today has been a somewhat quiet day. I've been working on out budget to see what we can do to prepare for Ms. Ada-Ruth's future. At this point in time, not a lot. Thank you free market!

Yesterday was far more entertaining. As I may have mentioned to some of you earlier, we have had a huge pile of branches on the driveway for a couple weeks now. Since I do not now have a pickup with which to remove said pile, I have explored a couple options. The first being hiring someone to remove it. The first (and only) quote I got was >$500. That same day my neighbor was having a tree removed and so I chatted up the arborists with their big, wonderful claw and truck. They would have done it for about $65 if they'd had the room in their truck. They assured me that they would be by again sometime the second week after Thanksgiving (too late). In any instance, the whole point of asking other people to do it was so I could spend time with Ada-Ruth, but since I'm not lactating she's not real interested in spending time with me. So I schlepped on down to Home Depot and rented a truck. Four loads later the pile was gone.

While I was driving around Longmont with this rental, I discovered a number of things. I learned that when you have a truckload of limbs piled higher than your cab, people are reluctant to tailgate you. I learned (courtesy of the radio, thank you) that twins from Longmont are in the December issue of Playboy. Perhaps it is a sign of my age that I found the beautifully restored Dodge Powerwagon I discovered far more titillating.

Once done hauling away the fruit pits of my earlier labor, I had some time to continue to organize my 'shop'. They previous owners had left some old kitchen cabinets and a pegboard. All was going great until I put up the hammer Jim had given me as a gift...

I hope all is going well with all of you. I appreciate your patience as the Daily Ada-Ruth becomes less daily....

John

PS: I know you are all desperate to know how the dogs are whiling away the days as they wait for Ada-Ruth to become ambulatory. Here is a partial answer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSRlmRNnz1w

No comments: