20081115

Daily Ada Ruth Lorraine 2008.11.15.01 - Happy birthday to me!

As you may or may not be aware, today is my birthday. I am not now, nor have I really ever been since leaving home, particularly interested in celebrating this date. It is normally just another day. But this particular anniversary is different for obvious reasons. I am grateful and euphoric and tickled by the turn my life has recently taken. And almost as though she somehow knows that today is significant for me, Ada-Ruth only woke us up once last night and let us sleep in until around 8. Trust me, that was a pretty awesome gift.

As I mentioned, Ada-Ruth slept very well last night and is quietly cuddly this morning. I don't know if it's an anomaly or she's adjusting to being out of the womb or Kimberly and I have refined our technique, but it's nice. I have to admit, hearing her cry makes me uneasy. The first thing I want to do is feed her and since Kimberly isn't always available, that isn't always an option. So I've gotten better at soothing her in other ways. Witness picture #2. Ada-Ruth, like her mother so I hear, enjoys being swung about like a football. And if you witness pic #1, laying her atop my chest is a way to get another half hour of sleep in the morning. Even when tightly swaddled she manages to scootch up to wedge her head under my chin.

Love,
John

Daily Vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erwLCrlJTss

No comments: