20080507

Spring has been sprung

So life in Chicago is getting very green. Or at least it has in the past two weeks. Somehow we have managed to complete all of our prescribed fires in spite of the compressed season. All of them were impressive, but I only managed to get pictures of Miller Woods Unit 7 and Unit 3. That's the fire world here.

In other fire news, I recently found out (in a frustratingly round about way) that RMF has already hired their seasonals for the season. Not so much as an email to me. On the other hand, things with the Forest Service are warming up. I'll make sure to let you all know as soon as there is something definitive.


In non-fire news, our condo is on the market now. There have been no calls, but it's only just been posted. We remain optimistic.

And this past weekend we were in Tennessee for a wedding. Kimberly's good friend Andrea had us down for her big day and we had a splendid time. My wonderful mother-in-law joined us which made things all the more splendid. She is truly a delight to hang out with.

Not much else to tell. I hope you are all well.

No comments: