20080514

P-p-p-p-p-p-p-pressure


The hiring process to which I have been alluding is moving along fairly quickly. Today I had my second (and final?) interview. Both my potential boss and the District Ranger were on the phone. The vibe, on the whole, was good. With any luck the final answer will arrive early next week.

In addition to the nail biting suspense of waiting to hear whether or not I have gotten an excellent job, I recently learned that I will be in a golf foursome with a big-wig at K's company. The words 'immanent danger' leap to mind as does 'embarrassment'.

With spring here we have taken it upon ourselves to tidy up the lawn, etc, around the condo. We mulched nearly everything, planted some flowers and grass, and mowed. It took a lot longer than I would have originally guesstimated, but it is a real pleasure to sweat a little and have clear accomplishments to look at at the end of the day.

The picture included here deserves no explanation. It was an experiment which ended. Poorly.

No comments: