20080527

Done, done and done.


The past few days have been fairly exciting here on the ranch, Friday especially. The week began with a road trip for your's truly. I went back to Ohio. To teach a course on chainsaw use and tree falling. Or felling. I'm not sure which is the more correcter. In any instance that was how I killed the first half of the week. It wasn't easy since I knew Friday was going to be a big day. The two events which I was anticipating were K's birthday and a formal job offer. The third event which I was not anticipating was our first showing of the condo. All three went off without a hitch. The condo purportedly showed well, albeit to a disinterested party. Kimberly's birthday was a success all the way around (my gifts: earrings to match an earlier necklace, a beach cruiser bike and a baby seat for said bike).

And finally, I was given and accepted a formal offer to the AFMO for the Arapaho-Roosevelt National Forest and Pawnee National Grassland North Zone. There are no real details at this time. There is one administrivial element which must be satisfied before I am considered an actual employee of the Forest Service and I have been told to expect all other information sometime around the middle of July (no guff).

No comments: