20081214

Still More Snow


Today I realized that this weekend is our first stab at our new 'normal'. We have been admittedly fortunate in that both Kimberly and I have been able to take so much time off from work for Ada-Ruth, not to mention all the help we've enjoyed from friends and family. It's certainly helped us ease into our new life. And Kimberly will remain at home for another month and a half, so the easing does continue. But after working this week I'm struck by how much more there is to do on my weekends. Or perhaps, more accurately, how little free time I feel like I have. Knocking out a couple chores a day is no longer adequate.

But let me hasten to point out that things are still going swimmingly, relatively speaking. Granny Southern is still able to come up and help out around the house and I am currently working a 4-10 schedule at work, so the place hasn't fallen completely apart.

In other news, Ada-Ruth continues to be a joy. Our most recent scare occurred last night shortly after I re-arranged the entertainment area. With the couch relocated the light fell differently upon her head, highlighting her little fontanelle. Since it was the first time that Kimberly or I had seen it in such sharp relief, we were concerned that it might be sunken, a symptom of dehydration. Naturally when we went to change her diaper and check, she peed all over and giggled.

Finally, it has snowed again. I realized with chagrin that we have more sidewalk and driveway to shovel than we'd had in Chicago. Fortunately all of the snow to date has been powder and fairly easy to move. Even still, I think I want a snowblower, preferably a tractor mounted one....

No comments: