20081220

Now Where Is That Camera?

My second week back at work has passed relatively uneventfully. I didn't get to get out and play with the boys... I'm sequestered in the office until I get my new Captain and Engineer hired. I have the Engineer cert and a lot of great resumes from which to choose. Monday I'll see the Captain cert (I hope). The only other news at work is about my desk. The Thursday before Ada-Ruth was both I'd raised it up to become a standing desk. Since then there have apparently been complaints since I was looking over the cubicle walls and I was asked to return to ground level. Bah! Conventionalists!

Ada-Ruth news: no only is she smiling more, she's reacting to our actions more as well. I can almost make her smile at will, provided she's not being fussy. And she's increasingly fussy. Last night it took two hours to get her to fall asleep and during those two hours she didn't seem to have a position of comfort.

Speaking of position of comfort, our repertoire of soothing skills is increasing every day. One thing we've discovered is that she enjoying doing the twist. She also enjoys being lifted by her arms. And... I think she enjoys being fussy for the last couple of hours of the day.

No comments: